I first discovered this place in November and I have been meaning to write about it for a while because it is truly my favorite coffee shop and bakery in the winelands....so much so, I wish it was actually in Capetown.
There are many reasons why I love this place and many people have already written about it since its opening in 2010...
I love it because:
- They make an awesome RED cappuccino and serve it in their very beautiful wooden cups with wooden spoons and wooden saucers ( I have a thing for cups!)
- They make 6 other kinds of "real coffee", and the coffee comes from a micro-roastery.
- Bread is a serious affair here, and I LOVE bread. They make a fantastic 100% artisanal dark RYE .
- They have deconstructed sandwiches by listing all the ingredients separately so you order exactly what you like and eat it as you like...(see my picture below).
- I love the rustic space and the incredibly stylish chairs....
What I do NOT love is that both on Saturday and Sunday when I'm most likely to be in Stellenbosh they CLOSE at 3 and 1 pm. Boo!!!